Find Your Own Parenting Voice
|This Week on Blog Talk Radio|
|Today’s “Ask Dr. Annie Abram” radio show is about the importance of the father/daughter relationship for female development.
How often do we think about a father’s contribution to his daughter’s development? Now ask yourself the same question with regard to a father/son relationship. Why is the mother/daughter and mother/son relationship a discussion we find in scholarly and self-help books, professional journals, novels, and memoirs, but the same is not true for the father/daughter relationship? Listen in while Karen Johnson, author of “Voices of Daughters” and Dr. Annie Abram discuss this “missing” subject and why it’s not part of our public discourse about parenting.
Call in to ask your questions during show time at (646) 716-5232.
There’s no more challenging or potentially rewarding job on earth than parenting! Yet there’s no formal training for this lifelong role. Most of us simply parent as our parents did. And they parented as our grandparents did. How many times have you said, “I can’t believe I said that,” when you hear yourself saying exactly the same words to your children that your mother said to you?
Raising children as these past generations did is not necessarily a good model for us. But it can be difficult to break the parenting patterns handed down to us — until we understand them.
Dr. Annie Abram offers an opportunity for open conversation about mindful parenting, finding your voice as a parent, and feeling competent in this role. She believes parenting is a relationship, not a set of rules. It gives us the opportunity of a lifetime: to re-write our own life narrative. As we develop a deeper understanding of ourselves we can better understand our children.
Here on Dr. Annie Abram’s website and blog, you’ll find the parenting help you’ve been seeking — at the level you need.
While you’re here:
Join other moms and dads: Sign up for a parenting workshop!
- To learn how the way you were parented affects your own parenting
- To learn how a better understanding of yourself will help you raise children who thrive
- To recognize and handle the day-to-day difficulties of parenting
- To find a parenting style that is comfortable for you
- To have an opportunity to discuss anything on your mind about parenting
Listen to Dr. Abram’s weekly Blog Talk Radio Show “Ask Dr. Annie”
Hear her interview fellow parents and experts on a wide array of parenting topics.
Join our community! Comment on the blog about your parenting experiences and any question or issue you’d like to discuss.
Inquire about Dr. Annie Abram’s private psychotherapy practice
If you wish to develop a deep understanding of your emotional past and how you can create a more positive future for you and your children.
Dr. Annie Abram:
- Has had a 25-year career in research, education and clinical practice providing help for individuals, couples, parents and families.
- Is dedicated to advocating for parents and children
- Brings the latest discoveries in psychotherapy and brain research to all of her programs for parent and grandparents.
- Is writing a book on the transformative possibilities in becoming a mother
Contact Dr. Abram to learn how she can help you become as comfortable a parent as possible.